Migration and Europe:
borders, mobility and the future of the EU
3 -7 July, 2017, Middlesex University, London
For information, programme and registrations click here.
The Summer Course is a joint effort of Middlesex University, the University of Barcelona and the Autonomous University of Barcelona. The course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of some major and interconnected issues concerning European migration and mobility. Specifically, the course is divided into five themes:
- The challenges to intra-EU mobility and the fragmentation of the European space
- Third country nationals: economic and legal perspectives in a reshaping Europe
- Refugees in Europe: new solutions or permanent crisis?
- Media and political discourses: mainstreaming xenophobia
- Rethinking the European space: the role of NGOs and civil society
These themes will be examined from a range of disciplinary perspectives including law, sociology and political science. Classes will be given by professors and professionals in the field of migration, citizenship and refugee studies from different European universities and organizations and will be complemented by practical exercises, discussions and research activities.